Monday 19 August 2013

August Create to Live Challenge (layout 297)

I love working with Susan's inspiration. With all the baby and wedding albums I worked on last month and then having holidays take up the second half of the month, I just didn't get to the July Challenge so I made it my personal mission that I was going to get August's done. I came back from holidays late Thursday night (1230am) and started scrapping Saturday evening after I got home from a wedding and this was the first layout I started with.

Here is August's inspiration:
AugustCreatetoLiveChallenge

This month was a little more challenging since I don't have any photos of my son eating berries, but I was going through the photos I just printed off and found the following photo which doesn't have anything to do with berries except that berries are best in the summer which is kindof like my family. Because we live so far from each other, we usually only get together as a family for a family event (reunion, wedding, funeral). When I saw this picture it jumped out at me mostly because of the dress my cousin Rachel (the bride we were celebrating) and then ran with the idea and this is what I came up with:





















Supplies used:
alphas: doodlebug
papers: momenta
washi tape: unknown
bling & flourishes: recollection

There is still time for you to play: http://mysweetearth.blogspot.ca/2013/08/august-create-to-live-challenge.html

2 comments:

  1. I like the way your thought outside the box for your inspiration Rebecca.I hope you had a sweet time visiting with your family!
    Thank you for taking the time over your busy summer to join in the My Sweet Earth Challenge.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, thank you for sharing your lovely layout. I love your take on this month's challenge. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete