Friday 25 October 2013

Nana makes it ok - FWAB October Challenge (layout 375)

Ever since I discovered Amy Prior, I have been introduced to Flourish with a Bling (FWAB) a fabulous company out of Australia so whenever I am at my local scrapbook store (Scrapbook Lounge, Cold Lake AB), I am always picking up the new FWAB products.

This month over at FWAB's blog they have a new monthly challenge:
 1.  Of course you must use some FWAB! 
2.  You need to use at least one wet medium
{for example paint, mist, ink}.
3.  You need to break out the stamps & use


 at least ONE stamp on your project!

So with those specs in mind I created the following based on a sketch by scrapfriends (http://blog.scrapfriends.com.au/p/sketches.html).

















Products used:
Paper: DCWV Baby Boy stack, momenta
I inked the edges of paper with Tim Holtz Distress Stain (broken china)
the doily was spritz with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (dragon fly)
the tag was inked with Tim Holtz Distress Stain (peeled paint) and then sprayed with tatted angels glimmer mist (pearl)
Under the flowers I used K&Company ( handmade glitter die-cuts). The flowers are unknown dollar store flowers. In the middle of the small glitter flowers I added Flourish with a Bling Pearl (teal)
I used inkdinkado stamps (thinking of you) in Jenni Bowlin (stick candy) and Martha Stewart (sky blue)
to finish off I added a couple of buttons (unknown brand) and jolee's boutique inspiration francaise (layered metal jewels) to finish off

I love using mixed media and had so much fun with this layout and so happy with the way it turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment