Friday 31 January 2014

Valentines for Vets

This week the local library in Cold Lake Alberta (which is home to the largest air force base in Canada), put out a call: Isn't Valentine's Day a wonderful way to make a fuss and let Veterans know we will never forget what they have done for us. Show Veterans your gratitude for their sacrifices and achievements in serving our country. Create a hand-made valentine and help bring joy to a Canadian Veteran this Valentine's Day. If you have a card, drop it by the Library by Feb. 2nd and we will mail it.

I thought this was a wonderful cause and decided since I was feeling okay tonight that I would make a couple of cards and would drop them off when we go into Cold Lake tomorrow.

The patterned paper is all stuff I have had in my stash forever. The cardstock is DCWV 8.5x11. The washi tape and bling is from the dollar store. The puffy stickers are again from my stash. The regular stickers are from the Sweet Things collection from Doodlebug Design and the twine is American Craft. I also used my cuttlebug and sizzix embossing folder to dry emboss some cardstock.







No comments:

Post a Comment