Saturday 8 February 2014

Beauty it's the little things - February WW1 Challenge (layout 14)

I cannot believe that it is already the 8th of February and this is my first layout I have done this month, I know right embarassing. It has been a rough couple of days with a death of a close family friend, my mom is leaving a week earlier than planned so I have upped my daily activities that I am doing so that I am up to doing everything without any pain meds. I am happy to announce that today I was able to complete three layouts, fold (and put away) three loads of laundry, make dinner, gather garbage, do dishes (twice) and I have not needed to take any meds [insert happy dance].

Anyways back to my layout. This month at White with 1 it is with grape. Now purple is one of my most favorite colours in the world as it is just such a happy colour!!!! But unfortunately since I don't like having my photo taken and my child is a boy, I don't often get to work with purple so I was super excited and as soon as I saw which colour was this month's challenge I knew which picture I wanted to scrap.

This flower photo was actually taken last summer when I took my son to a playgroup outing at the local greenhouse for a tour. He had so much fun and I was in awe of all the beautiful flowers and took lots of photos (I am one of those people who always takes too many photos), I probably took 100 pictures that morning (we were there for about an hour).

Anyways back to my layout:





















first off sorry for the glare, it is dark all the time and I can't seem to take a good picture of a layout today :(

To create the layout, I started with a 12x12 crafter's workshop stencil and using Ranger Emboss It dabber in clear, I went over the stencil. I then used Stampendous embossing powder and set it with my heat gun. I then used We R Memory keepers Twist trimmer to trim it and then glued it to the background paper. I then layered different papers and used home-made modeling paste over Tim Holtz layering stencil. Then bordered the photo and glued it on top. The flowers are bulk from my local scrapbook shop (Scrapbook Lounge in Cold Lake, AB) which I trimmed and flattened out and glued down. I sprayed DIYthickers with grape fizz and pop rocks and then put the title together. I am quite happy with the way this turned out and brought the beauty that I was trying to convey the day we went to the greenhouse :)

Supplies used:
papers: DCWV (cardstock stack & celebration stack) and unknown
flowers: local scrapbook store, and unknown
pearls: flourish with a bling
stencils: The Crafter's Workshop (kasbah), and Tim holz (dot fade)
embossing powder: stampendous (grape)
inks: distress stain (seedless preserve), perfect pearls mists (grape fizz), tattered angels (pop rocks)
letters: DIY thickers, unknown

Hope you come play at WW1: http://whitewith1.blogspot.ca/

7 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca... sorry for your loss. x
    I'm another one that takes WAY too many photos.. but that is the beauty of digital isn't it?? the Delete button!! :-)
    Love your photo of the fuschia.. just gorgeous.. and you've scrapped it beautifully!
    take care of you and thanks for playing along with us at WW1 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you made your background, and your flower photo was just perfect for this challenge! Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have picked a perfect photo for this challenge.
    its a wonderful piece , and I love the different shades of grape.

    Time to take more photos of you babe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss. Love love love that photo!!! stunning use of grape. Thankyou for playing with WW1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely layout Rebecca! Thanks so much for playing along at WW1 this month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh Rebecca! I'm so sorry for your loss and to read about what a difficult time you've been having lately. I hope that in scrapping you find some respite. Your page is beautiful. Fuchsias were my mother-in-law's favourite plant so you page makes me smile in memory of her. Oh and I'm with you .. I take way too many photos but I figure that's the best way to ensure I get just one that's really good LOL! I hope you'll join us again at WW1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh Rebecca I just love this and I am so sorry to hear you are having a rough time :( I just love love love Fuschias they are so pretty and you have totally rocked the White with Grape this month thanks so much for joining us at White with 1 this month Blessings xx

    ReplyDelete