Saturday 26 April 2014

Family Fun - Papercrafting Challenge Magazine Monday Week 48 (layout 97)

Here is this week's magazine monday challenge:
Papercrafting Challenge: Magazine Mondays - Week 48 Inspiration Piece (image)

And here is my take:




















I have never been to new york (although it is on my bucket list - - well actually Times Square is on my list but that's in New  York so I guess by default New York itself is on my list). But from what I heard it is amzing and one day will get there myself :)

I was inspired by the board by the bright colours and the idea of travel. And this is what I came up with. This pictures of my grandparents and their 3 kids the morning my aunt was moving across the country with her new husband to Ontario. I don't remember much of that weekend (as it was 18 years ago), but what I do remember is everyone trying to stay upbeat while not thinking about the face that auntie julie was leaving and we didn't know when we would see her next.

Anyways getting back to my layout. It is based on a sketchabilities sketch (#104). This is actually going into an album I am making for my grandparents to celebrate their 61st anniversary (coming up in a couple of short weeks). I wanted to keep it quite soft except for the title and embellishments (just to give it a little POP). New York is cramped together with lots of people so I layered quite a bit (to give it that feel). I added the flags and the circles (buttons/stickers) to give it some shape and movement.

I am quite pleased with the way this one turned out, thank you for stopping by and if you have a chance, hope you come and play this week at magazine monday: http://papercrafterscorner.com/blog/papercrafting-challenge-magazine-mondays-week-forty-eight/

No comments:

Post a Comment