Wednesday 24 September 2014

Bubbles - LCOM September Colour Spot (layout 316)

Hello everyone, sorry I have been MIA for the last little bit, last week was a rough week with both my son and I catching (and getting over) the flu. Then Friday I had to go in for day surgery to have a lump removed from my shoulder, they couldn't find the lump but found some abnormalities in the skin they cut away so that is off to pathology for testing (no news yet so i'm going with the old saying "no news is good news"). However, as a result of the surgery and consequent stitches (7. . yes 7 stitches to close my shoulder) I wasn't able to scrap all weekend.

I was finally feeling better yesterday so was able to get some scrapping done and the first project I did was my take on Let's Capture our Memories color spot. Now usually color challenges are challenging for me but when I saw the colours, i automatically thought of fall (since our leaves have already started to fall from the trees) then I was motivated to scrap the pictures of last year's visit from my parents (my goal is to get the last couple of photos scrapped of their 2013 trip before they come up in two weeks. . .i think i can i think i can!!!). Anyways back to LCOM's inspiration:


Here is my take:
























I am pretty happy with the way this turned out. The modeling paste (golden gel mediums light molding paste) comes in white but I wanted to add some colour to it so i took my faber-castell gelatos in yellow and coloured some in my bowl, then added some paste and mixed together, then put on Tim Holtz layering stencil (chevron). I love the effect that it has and super excited i can now have one tube of paste and tinge it every colour!!!!

Other supplies:
paper: unknown, bo bunny (apple cider)
inks: tattered angels (pinecone, indian corn), lindy's stamp gang starburst (glory of the seas gold)
other: buttons (unknown), sticker (cosmo cricket tiny text home), bo bunny (autumn song noteworthy), double sided tape, recollections glitter

thank you for stopping by and hope you can play along this month at LCOM: http://letscaptureourmemories.blogspot.ca/2014/09/september-color-spot.html

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that polka-dot patterned paper! Thanks for playing along with us over at Let's Capture Our Memories!!

    ReplyDelete